Few days back we wrote about how to find Online Profiles of anyone by Name,Email,Username or Phone Number using Spokeo.com. You may be wondering how to remove your profile listing from Spokeo in case you don’t want a particular information to be displayed when somebody searches for your Name or Phone or Email etc.Read on to learn how you can do that!!
Suppose your name is XYZ and you want to remove a particular profile on Deviantart from Spokeo listings. Follow these steps to remove your listing from Spokeo.
1. Go to Spokeo>Username and type your username XYZ to search.
2. In the profiles shown, go to the particular profile you want to remove and copy it’s link address by right clicking on it.
3. At the bottom of the Spokeo homepage you will find a “Privacy” link. Click it.
4. Here you get a page to remove your listing!!
Simply paste the URL you copied in step 2 in the URL field. Enter a valid Email address and captcha code. Then click on “Remove Listing” button.
5. A confirmation link will be sent to your Email address.Just check your inbox and click on the sent link to confirm your request. As per Spokeo, your listing will be removed in 1 business day.
There is a limit on how many profile listings may be removed from a given IP or by a single email. so you may have to use multiple email addresses and different IPs to remove a number of entries.
Anyways it is good you CAN do this. Share any opinion on this in comments.