India’s largest bank State Bank of India (SBI) recently launched its Virtual Credit Card or Debit Card service to facilitate safe and secure transactions for its customers. Here is a step by step guide to generate a SBI Virtual Credit Card for online transactions.
Earlier we have covered a primer on Virtual Credit Cards in India. Other Indian banks like HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank and Axis Bank have already rolled out Virtual Credit Card services in India. State Bank of India (SBI) has now joined the list of banks providing virtual credit card (VCC) or virtual debit card facility in India.
Virtual Credit or debit cards help you keep your actual Credit card details and bank details confidential specially while shopping online.
How to Create or Generate Online State Bank of India (SBI) Virtual Credit Card
1. Login to your SBI internet banking (personal banking) account on OnlineSBI website.
2. After you are logged in go to ” Requests” tab.
3. In the left pane go to State Bank Virtual Card option.
4. Fill in the requisite amount. Note that Minimum amount is Rs. 100/- and Maximum amount limit is Rs. 50,000/-. This means you can not have a virtual credit card with a virtual credit limit of more than Rs. 50000/-.
Once you are sure of the amount or credit limit, Tick the agreement and click on “Generate” button.
5. You will be asked to confirm the details.
6. A One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your SBI Internet banking registered mobile number. Enter that password in the next screen.
7. Your SBI Virtual Credit Card will be created and ready for use.
8. You can see status of your SBI Virtual Credit Card anytime by going to the “Virtual Card Details” tab. It will show you card status as Used, Unsued or Cancelled.
How to cancel State Bank of India (SBI) Virtual Credit Card?
To cancel your unused State Bank of India (SBI) Virtual Credit/Debit Card just log into your personal banking account, Go to the SBI Virtual Card section as shown above and click on “Cancel Virtual Card” tab. Select the card to be cancelled and click the “Cancel” button.
Where you can use State Bank of India (SBI) Virtual Credit Card?
- You can use SBI Virtual Credit card for all online transactions and purchases where VISA Credit/Debit cards are accepted.
- You can use it for online shopping, online bill payments and online railways and movie ticket bookings.
- This SBI Virtual Credit / Debit card is valid for 24-48 hours or till the transaction is complete.
- Payment is debited from your account only when you actually purchase something online using your Virtual Credit / Debit card not when you create the virtual credit card. Hence there is No Loss of Bank Interest by generating and using SBI Virtual Credit card.
While using online banking don’t forget to follow our online banking safety tips.
This post was originally published on Indigic.com