If you are a State Bank of India (SBI) customer you can use SBI SMS banking service to avail banking services on the move, simply by sending SMS to SBI from your mobile phone. Here is a brief guide on registering and activating SBI SMS banking service.
This post is for State Bank of India (SBI) customers only.
Earlier we have covered SBI mobile banking in India. SBI SMS banking is an extension of SBI mobile banking service (State Bank FreeDom). Here is what you need to do to avail mobile banking through SMS.
Registration and Activation of SBI SMS banking.
STEP1 : Register for SBI SMS Banking Facility from your Mobile.
Send SMS as given below:
MBSREG to 9223440000
You will get a User ID and default MPIN.
SBI has made it mandatory to change the default MPIN before using this facility.
STEP 2 : Change default MPIN from your Mobile.
Send SMS as given below:
<Smpin> <UserId> <Old Mpin> <New Mpin> to 9223440000
You will receive confirmation SMS “Your MPIN is changed”.
Note down your MPIN in a secure place and remember it for future transactions on SBI SMS banking.
STEP 3 : Confirm Register for SBI SMS banking at ATM.
- You will be required to register for the SMS banking service on ATM or at your Branch.
- Go to any State Bank of India (SBI) ATM and follow the following procedure.
- Swipe your Debit Card on the menu screen choose the following:
“Mobile Registration => Enter your ATM PIN => Mobile Banking => Registration => Enter your mobile number”
- Enter your registered Mobile number and choose YES on screen.
- Confirm the Mobile Number entered.
- You should get a SMS regarding successful registration and activation of State Bank of India (SBI) SMS baking service.
- Primary Account linked to the ATM card is enabled for SMS Banking Service.
You may consider Confirm Registering for SMS banking at the SBI branch if :
1. You do not have an ATM card.
2. You want to use an account other than the Primary account of your ATM card for SMS banking.
STEP 4 : Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of the Service
You will be able to do Financial and Non Financial transactions on SMS banking service only after you convey acceptance of Terms and Conditions of the Service.
To convey the acceptance of Terms and Conditions send the following SMS,
<Saccept><UserId><Mpin> to 9223440000
Once you have successfully sent this message, your SBI SMS banking facility is fully operational and you can start sending SMS for availing SMS banking facility. This will give you a better and safe banking experience.
- The daily ceiling is Rs. 1,000 per transaction per customer for fund transfer / other transactions.
- Calendar month limit is Rs. 5,000 per customer.
This post was originally published on Indigic.com