If you’re thinking to go cashless, you’re at the right place. BHIM is a trusted government app on which you can completely rely on, without thinking of anything else. Read to find simple instructions on how to download BHIM App, installation of BHIM app on your mobile phone and do online transactions using BHIM app.
PM Narendra Modi’s in his speech on 30th, December, 2016 lauched Bhim app for online digital transactions using your mobile phone or smartphone. BHIM app is an app to go cashless in India
Pushing for cashless transactions and digital economy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Friday, launched BHIM app drawing the name of the app from BR Ambedkar who he said was a great leader. Addressing people during the Digi Dhan mela at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi, he also announced that the mega draw will take place on 14th April, the birth anniversary of Ambedkar. Talking about two other schemes Lucky Grahak Yojana and DigiDhan Vyapar Yojana, the Prime Minister said the schemes are a Christmas gift to the nation.
Features and facilities provided in BHIM App
- The full form of BHIM is ‘Bharat Interface for Money‘
- The app is launched to reduce dependency on the use of plastic cards.
- Anyone with the an Android phone can download the app from Google Playstore.
- User has to put in his/her Aadhar number and is good to make any transactions.
- For shopkeepers and retailers, the app essentially needs to be downloaded by the merchant and the thumb impression of the customer will work as the password.
- BHIM app is powered by National payments corporation of India, and is completely safe.
- The app is compatible with almost all the android devices
- BHIM App is currently available only for Android platform.
- As of today BHIM app is NOT available for iOS (Apple iPhone/iPad) and also NOT available for Windows Phone (Microsoft Lumia etc.)
- However as per govt sources, work is on to develop BHIM app for both Apple iOS and Windows and soon it will be available for these platforms.
Banking Facilities in BHIM App
- Check bank account balance easily online for any bank.
- Also, user can check his bank account statement on a single click inside BHIM App.
- Maximum transaction limit of Rs. 10,000/- per transaction and Rs. 20,000/- in a single day possible.
- Multiple languages supported – currently, Hindi & English, making it convenient for most of the people in India. Work to include regional languages is in progress.
- All of the banks in India are supported on BHIM app.
- Mobile phone User can send and receive money from friends, relatives and shopkeepers etc.
- They can do shopping form any shopkeeper having BHIM app registration.
- Money can be transferred easily using BHIM App.
Step by Step process (with Screenshots) for
Downloading BHIM app
1. Download and Install BHIM APP from Google Playstore
Installing BHIM app on your mobile phone
2. That’s it, you’re done installing the app. and screen showing like this.
Registration on BHIM app from your mobile phone
3. Choose your language on BHIM app settings
4. BHIM app while registration process will verify your mobile number using a verification SMS.
5. Voila!! your mobile number is verifed and you have to provide a pin or password just like your ATM next.
6. Enter a secure 4 digit pass code to access BHIM app securely. Don’t give this pass code or pin to anybody just like your ATM pin.
7. Now select your Bank Name to register your bank on BHIM App.
8. BHIM app will take some time to connect and fetch your bank account details. Please wait.
9. After registration of your bank on BHIM app you will be shown your bank account number. Verify that it is indeed correct number and select by tapping on it.
10. On selection of bank account BHIM app will prompt you to set up your UPI PIN.
11. Please set up your secure UPI PIN by entering your last 6 digits of ATM debit card and validity shown on your card.
12. Congratulations !! Your new UPI id is ready with your unique UPI id using your debit card number and linked to your account.
13. BHIM app interfacing with your mobile phone is done, you can transfer, send , receive money in your cashless wallet, A barcode appears in BHIM app. To send money using BHIM app simply scan given barcode using your mobile phone camera for sending and requesting for money.
14. Now you can check your bank account and do other transactions on BHIM app.
BHIM app is a new revolutionary way to transfer money. SO go to your Mobile phone and Download, Install and Register on BHIM app today to go cashless securely.